- Sewage Systems
- French Drains
- Industrial Waste
- Septic Tanks
- Pit Latrines
Gaia Klēn BIOFLUSH BENEFITS TO SEWAGE
- Product, Gaia Klēn BioFlush, is 100% natural and environmentally friendly. With 42 species of bacteria producing many more varieties of enzymes which work synergistically to accelerate bio-degradation naturally.
- All organisms remain hydrated throughout the manufacturing and packaging processes, meaning that there are no dormant species, at the time of application. The fact that re-hydration of the bacteria species is not necessary, many stress and efficiency issues are prevented.
- Preserved in their natural polymeric units, their shelf life is 5 years, when stored in ambient, sheltered conditions.
- Properly applied Gaia Klēn BioFlush bio-technology eliminates E. Coli bacteria in a period of two hours. The time factor is due to the natural life of E. Coli bacteria whereby the only way to eradicate them immediately is by using chemical products, which pollute the water in their own way. Vira Cholera and Nocardia proliferation are effectively controlled and ultimately eradicated in a sewage reservoir with adequate levels of the bacteria mixture. It has also been discovered through trials in Argentina, that Gaia Klēn BioFlush inhibits the development of mosquito larvae by sharing their food sources.
- Gaia Klēn BioFlush destroys all pathogens in raw sewage. Wherever it establishes a colony it is dominant in that area. This is achieved by both eating the food that pathogens eat and by consuming the pathogens themselves. Biologically, Gaia Klēn BioFlush is extremely competitive and withstands aggressive attacks from other organisms that attempt to occupy the same space. The robustness of Gaia Klēn BioFlush is due to the micro-alveoli granules they inhabit. These granules maximize the surface area the bacteria can occupy, thereby ensuring that they always outnumber other micro-organisms at the points where they come into contact.
- From the moment of the first treatment, one can expect to observe a constantly increasing elimination of C.O.D’s, B.O.D’s, phosphorous and ammonia. A potent de-nitrifying action transforms the sewage’s nitrogen content into nutritious substances which vegetation can readily assimilate.
- Gaia Klēn BioFlush bacteria thrive in aerated, raw sewage and easily overrun other hazardous organisms and organic toxins with their fast growing populations. They stop reproducing when there is no oxygen or dead organic matter available to them.
- The discharge is environmentally friendly and with the correct dosage and retention time, can be considered a high quality organic fertilizer. Well treated sewage effluent is ideal as nutrient-rich, irrigation water. It has all the minerals in safe and organic compounds, with none of the harmful pathogens which can poison the land, if found in excessive quantities.
- Parts of the raw sewage get transformed into food for zooplanktons, which are safe for maritime and fresh water life to consume. In fact, Gaia Klēn BioFlush is used in the aqua culture industry to promote fish health.
- All agriculture and fishing products extracted from areas using the discharged effluent are safe for human consumption.
- Sewage plants utilising Gaia Klēn BioFlush will cut down on manual labour. MBR plants will experience a drop in operations for de-clogging membranes, due to the fats & greases levels being much lower than usual. Solids are softer and lighter, easing the workload on mechanical tools and equipment and increasing their life-span. The build up of solids takes longer thus decreasing the frequency of having to remove them.
- noxious and offensive odours are significantly reduced, making a safer and more comfortable work environment. Gaia Klēn BioFlush destroys the organisms that emit noxious gasses.
- A relatively low oxygen level of 0.2 mg/Lt is required for the bacteria to survive and colonise the sewage. Aeration is only required if the reservoir is completely still and stagnant.
- After the initial dose, the amount of Gaia Klēn BioFlush required to maintain effective bacterial levels in the plant, is 1% to 5% of that initial dose. The ability to lower the dosage, is achieved by retaining the bio-solids, which are rich in the good bacteria. Operation costs are reduced once good bio-solid management is attained.
- The work rate of the bacteria slows down as ambient temperature decreases but remains effective until 7 degrees Celsius.
See brochures on Sewage, Secondary Sewage,Test Lab and Pit Latriens for a full descripition and application under Brochures